Replacement Policy and Procedure
Empire Pass Card replacement:
The following replacement policy and procedure applies to an Empire Pass card or decal that is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or affixed to a leased vehicle that is being returned
or a vehicle that is being sold.
Empire Pass Decal replacement:
- If the Empire Pass Card is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, it is replaceable with a $30 fee payable by credit card, check, money order, or cash (in person only).
- A replacement Card may be issued in person or by mail and requires the following:
- A completed Empire Pass Replacement Request Form or a letter requesting replacement and explaining the circumstances.
- The damaged or destroyed pass or, if the pass was lost, verification of the original pass purchase.
- If in the event the original pass is found after the purchase of a replacement, we will not refund the replacement fee.
- If the Empire Pass Decal is stolen or damaged, there is no replacement fee. Lost or discarded Empire Pass Decals are not replaceable or refundable.
- A replacement Decal may be issued in person or by mail and requires the following:
- A completed Empire Pass Replacement Request form or a letter requesting replacement and explaining the circumstances.
- The Decal, or its fragments or scrapings (whenever possible, but always for a vehicle that has been sold or a leased vehicle that has been returned).
- Proof of vehicle loss, sale or damage acceptable to the Agency such as a police, insurance or motor vehicle report, repair invoice whenever possible, but always when the Empire Pass or its fragments are not available.